Below are a series of public domain images that may be of interest.
All images are by Ronald Ellis.
Click on the thumbnail to get a full screen image.
1. A map of the area around Derby showing the towns, villages and stately homes that feature in this story.
2. A copyright map of Derby drawn in 1806 reproduced courtesy Derby Local Studies Library.
3. All that remains of St Alkmund's parish church.
4. Sadlergate, with what used to be the offices of the Derby Mercury at the far end on the left.
5. The old offices of the Derby Mercury at the end of Sadlergate.
6. The old offices of the Derby Mercury on the corner of Sadlergate and Irongate.
7. The George Inn, Irongate
8. Irongate in 1865 and September 2005.
9. Today's United Reformed Church on Victoria Street (formerly Brookside).
10. The space where the Particular Baptist Chapel used to be on Agard Street.
11. Pickford House Museum garden, Friar Gate, which contains some headstones from the Particular Baptist Chapel Burial Ground.
12. The General Baptist Chapel building still exists on Brook Street.
13. The interior of the General Baptist Chapel as it is today.
14. The interior of the General Baptist Chapel showing the gallery.
15. The annual Shrovetide Football Match, Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
16. The spot closest to where the General Baptists held their first baptisms in the Derwent in August 1791.
17. The Moravian Settlement at Ockbrook, now a school.
18. The Moravian Chapel at Ockbrook.