Student Government Association
The SGA is an organization that serves as a liaison between students and administration. Basically, that means the SGA is in charge of finding out what’s on your mind and bringing your concerns to the correct university officials to get them resolved.
Dear fellow and future Crusaders,
As Student Government President and on behalf of the entire Student Government Association, I would like to welcome you to William Carey University. Carey’s SGA is here to serve all of those who are in need of our help. Our primary goal is to take care of your concerns and make your time here at Carey is an experience that will lead you to success throughout your career.
In order to make your stay at Carey a more positive experience, we offer many activities that allow our University to grow as a community. While excelling in academics should be everyone’s primary goal, we believe William Carey University can offer much more than just the education you find in the classrooms. Events such as the crawfish boil and Carey Fest are always free to the students, and they offer a small break from the hectic life of studying and writing papers. Carey offers a wide variety of Student Organizations that each play a big role on campus. Organizations such as the Baptist Student Union, Greek life, and other Student Organizations offer ways for students to enrich their lives and grow, both in faith and as individuals. The SGA is here to ensure that each student has the same opportunity to the greatest experience available. While each student is already a member of the Student Government Association, elected members play a larger role in making sure the needs of the student body are met. We encourage all incoming freshman and transfer students to run for a position on the SGA in the Fall Trimester. We also encourage current students to run for office during our elections at the end of the Winter Trimester.
I would like to wish all of you good luck on your future endeavors, and encourage everyone to choose William Carey University as your place to learn and grow. Your Student Government Association will always be here to help you with any issues you may have. Our SGA members are always looking for ways to help our students, so feel free to ask them for help. As your President, I am available in my office which is located in room 104 of the Student Center, or by email: email@example.com. Please feel free to contact me at any time. Here at Carey, we believe that everyone’s voice should be heard.
Student Government Association President
2014-2015 SGA Members
- President – Lydia Ulrich
- Vice President – Austin Farmer
- Chief Justice – Miles Deaton
- Treasurer – Mary Hannah Lott
- Secretary – Andrew Coleman
- Chief of Staff – Caitlin Cooksey
- Commissioner of Elections – Joshree Shrestha
- Commissioner of Student Affairs – Cade Yates
- Commissioner of Public Relations – Victoriana Lopez
- Commissioner of Entertainment – Sean Laird
- Justice – McKayla Strebeck
- Justice – Kirestian White
- Justice – Johnny Walters
- Justice – John Taylor Wesley
- Justice – Cassidy Sahuque
- Int. Rep – Chamapuwa Tinago
- Senior Rep – Telea Wade Lahart
- Senior Rep – Caitlin Cooksey
- Freshman Representative – Kyra Mickens
- Freshman Representative – Lindsay Knight
- Commuter Representative – Shelby Lott
- International Representative – Chamapuqa Tinago
- Transfer Representative – Ke`Andreia Breance