The Residual ACT program is provided for current or potential students at William Carey University who may not have been able to take the National ACT. Results are reported only to William Carey University. No Student Reports or High School Reports are generated and Additional Score Reports will be generated to report scores to any other college. Please note that residual testing is not accepted for NAIA initial eligibility.
1. Testing seats are confirmed upon receipt of completed registration form and $50 payment (cash, check, or money order)
2. Registration and payment should be received by the testing center a minimum of 7 days prior to the requested testing date.
3. A confirmation email will be sent via email confirming the testing seat reservation. No test seat is confirmed until a confirmation email has been received.
Click here to download the Residual ACT Registration Form.
Where is the residual ACT given?
- Testing will occur at Smith-Rouse Library on Hattiesburg Campus of William Carey University.
- Examinees should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- All examinees must present a photo ID in order to take the test.
What do I bring on Test Day?
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
- Three #2 sharpened lead pencils
- A battery-operated calculator
No food or drink is allowed in the Testing Center.
You must provide proper photo identification on the test date. The following methods are acceptable forms of identification:
- Current photo ID issued by your school, employer or government: Your best bet is to bring your driver’s license or current passport. Your name and photo must both appear on the ID.
- Published photo: A recognizable, individual photograph of you in a recent yearbook or newspaper that includes both your name and photo.
- School Letter of Identification: Your school counselor or principal may provide ID on school letterhead. This letter must include your name and full physical description. You must sign the letter in the presence of the school official (who may not be related to you) and the official must also sign the letter.
- Notarized Statement with Photo: Attach a current photo of yourself to a statement that you are the person in the photo. This statement must include your name and photo and be signed in the presence of a notary public. The notary stamp must be affixed to a portion of the letter and photo.
Before you register...
It is YOUR responsibility to provide an acceptable form of ID.
Please plan to spend at least four hours at the Testing Center.
We will not report scores to other colleges or scholarship agencies.
Testing space is limited. Do not delay.
A late fee will be applied to applications not received one week or sooner before the test date.
Residual Testing is not a practice test.
A minimum of 60 days must elapse before another Residual Test may be taken. Scores achieved before the minimum elapsed time will be cancelled without refund.
ACT restricts the number of times a student may take the ACT to 12 times total. Residual Testing does count toward the maximum. Scores that exceed the maximum will be canceled without refund.
Upcoming Test Dates
- November 1, 2016
- February 14, 2016
- May 23, 2017
- August 8, 2017