The School of Pharmacy at William Carey University will strive to be a leader in pharmacy education, scholarship and service, committed to providing a transformative learning experience in a collaborative and diverse environment focused on improving the health and well-being of the communities we serve that blends learning and faith.
As an integral part of William Carey University, the School of Pharmacy (SOP) shares the overall vision and mission of the University. The SOP seeks to improve the health care of our region, especially the underserved areas of the Gulf Coast and South Mississippi, by educating students to become competent entry-level practitioners. The students will be educated to provide contemporary pharmacy care to all patients in collaboration with other healthcare providers with a foundation based in a Christian ministry of healing. The SOP will provide an accelerated learner-centered environment that promotes critical thinking, problem solving, development of communication skills, scholarship, professionalism and a Christian spirit of caring and responsibility. The SOP will utilize innovative and creative teaching methods, state-of-the-art technology, and support an environment of scholarship with an expert, dynamic and diverse faculty.
The School of Pharmacy embraces the following list of core values that reflect the commitment of faculty and staff to preparing competent, caring, and ethical pharmacy professionals to meet the public's need for high quality health care.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, and personal responsibility
- Respect for diversity and appreciation of cross-cultural perspectives
- Adaptability and flexibility in response to the ever-changing external environment
- Effective and efficient use of resources to maximize value to those we serve
- Excellence and innovation in pharmacy education, scholarship, and service (including outreach to the community)
- A productive, satisfying work and learning environment
- Integration of the pharmaceutical sciences with professional studies
- Scholarship that contributes to knowledge development, improvement of pharmacy education, and promotion of pharmacy care and health outcomes
- Experiences which foster inter-professional collaboration among health care team members delivering patient-centered care
- Leadership opportunities that advance personal and professional goals
- Lifelong learning and continuing professional development
- Retention, development, and engagement of students and alumni
- Growth and development of certificate programs, dual degrees, and postgraduate training opportunities
Learn from expert faculty and enhance your education with our accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy program. Let’s get started.
More to Explore