To be admitted as a regular student, the applicant will have to:
- Submit a completed Graduate Application for Admission
- Pay application fee
- Submit official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a scholarly narrative of 1-2 pages specifying personal philosophy of education and goals.
- Submit three letters of references: two from individuals who can attest to research and scholarship and one personal reference.
- Submit an updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Have earned a DPT degree from an accredited institution
- Have earned a GPA of >3.0 on DPT courses
- Have an unencumbered physical therapy license with no pending legal or state board action
- Be eligible to re-enter any previously attended institution in good standing.
- Demonstrate computer literacy involving proficiency in word processing, email correspondence, and the internet.
- Submit current curriculum vita or resume.
- Prior to starting program courses, demonstrate competency in scholarly writing by submission of GRE Analytical Writing score of 3.5 or better within the last five years OR passing the H.A.E. Academic Writing for Doctoral Students with a grade of B or better.
- Prior to starting in the program, submit a valid Criminal Background Check or complete one at orientation
Application Deadlines: The DPT to PhD program admits annually in the Fall Term. If the student plans to take the HAE Academic Writing course for Doctoral Students, summer admission is required as the course is taught during the Summer term.
Contact Information: For more information about the program, please contact Dr. Bettina McGruder, HAE Program Director and Advisor at email@example.com or 601-318-6342.
More to Explore