Our symbol is a star with five arrows pointing inward to Christ at the center. These denote our Christian growth through worship, Bible study, life decisions, fellowship, and local church involvement. Five arrows also point outward to the ends of the earth. We teach students to live and share their faith in love through verbal witness, missions, and ministry.
Jesus said, "Come to me ... learn from me" (Matthew 11:28-29 NIV). The inward journey involves five aspects of growth:
- Worship -- Praise, adoration, and thanksgiving to God (Colossians 3:16).
- Bible Study -- Learning and living his Word (Acts 17:11).
- Discipleship -- Applying the lordship of Christ to all of life (Colossians 3:17,23-24).
- Fellowship -- Sharing life and love with brothers and sisters in Christ (Acts 4:32).
- Church -- Being involved in the life and ministry of the total body of Christ through the local church (1 Corinthians 12:12-13,27).
Jesus also said, "Go and make disciples of all nations ..." (Matthew 28:19 NIV) Therefore, the outward journey involves five aspects of outreach:
- Evangelism -- Sharing the good news of Christ with others (Acts 1:8).
- Missions -- Reaching beyond the campus (Acts 13:1-3).
- Ministry/Social Action -- Meeting human needs everywhere (Luke 4:16-19).
- International Student Missions -- Touching lives of those who come to us from all over the world (Deuteronomy 10:19).
- Enlistment -- Reaching out to involve more students (Isaiah 54:2).
More to Explore