In our QEP program students have the opportunity to earn course credit while engaging in co-curricular research projects under the guidance of faculty mentors. The faculty mentor guides the student in carrying out the project, allowing for exciting discovery and inquiry.
- The goal of our QEP is to have completed, finished research projects of varying types across most fields of study. Research efforts culminate with formal research papers, poster presentations, literary works, or performances or exhibits of original work in the arts.
- Students in a number of disciplines are afforded opportunities to participate in undergraduate research, and the university will give more recognition to the students for their work. In the 2019-2020 year our QEP students in the disciplines of chemistry, english, math, history, nursing, and music therapy participated in several research projects.
- For the 2020-2021 academic year, students in the disciplines of English, Math, Nursing, Music Therapy, and Psychology are participating and carrying out research. We look forward to seeing their final research projects in the Spring!
- The Students as Researchers QEP makes it easier for students and faculty to pursue inquiry, discovery, and creativity in a scholarly manner thus increasing the number of research opportunities available.
Our first QEP Cohort began in the fall of 2019 in the areas of chemistry, english, math, history, nursing, and music therapy. To participate in upcoming 2020-2021 cohorts please follow the following process:
- If you are interested in participating in the QEP, first go and speak to an advisor or faculty member in your academic discipline to let them know of your interest to participate.
- After you have spoken to an advisor or faculty member in your area of study, then complete the QEP application HERE.
- Once you have downloaded and completed the application, scan it as one file and email it to QEP@wmcarey.edu. In the subject line put "QEP Application - First Name - Last Name"
- Once the application has been emailed, it will be forwarded to the appropriate personnel.
- Within fifteen working days of application submission, someone from your academic department will contact you.