Mission & Vision
William Carey University is a community of learners which seeks to blend faith and learning with living. Within this unique nurturing and challenging environment students prepare to fulfill their diverse callings in the larger global community.
As a Christian university which embraces its Baptist heritage and namesake, William Carey University provides quality educational programs, within a caring Christian academic community, which challenge the individual student to excel in scholarship, leadership, and service in a diverse global society.
- We value each individual as a creation of God with unique abilities and aspirations.
- We value education as a lifelong learning process that depends upon collaboration of teachers, learners, and a supportive community.
- We value a broad, comprehensive education which prepares on to live an abundant life.
- We value a deep and practical education which provides the skills to earn a living.
- We value the model of education of Dr. William Carey, which integrates faith and learning with living within the context of global concern.
- We value the truth of God’s Word and its ground values for life.
- We value the responsibility for leadership implicit within a Christian education.
- We value service as the fulfillment of the commission of Jesus.
- We value a free, democratic society and affirm that an educated populace is the best safeguard against tyranny.
- We value administrators, faculty, and staff as models of Christian character.
- We value students who are committed to grow in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.