This office serves both the Hattiesburg and Tradition campuses and is responsible for internal and external communications that promote the mission of William Carey University; the achievements of students, faculty and staff; and university activities and events.
We are responsible for:
- Writing and distributing press releases, public service announcements, feature stories, and university reports.
- Posting news on the university website, assisting other departments with news/updates for their webpages.
- Managing the official university social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Coordinating university photography and serving as photographer at official events.
- Directing public relations efforts.
- Designing and distributing marketing materials.
- Planning and purchasing advertising for the university.
- Promoting and protecting the university brand and implementing the Identity Standards Manual.
You may submit your story ideas, news items, photographs or request photography services here.
For Media Outlets
In the event of a campus emergency the Media Relations office will provide the news media with updates and official statements.
All requests for interviews or campus visits must be coordinated through the Media Relations office. Our faculty and staff can provide expertise and information on a variety of topics. Please contact us if you are working on a story and need a source to interview.