Undergraduate Secondary Education Program
Spring 2013 - Program Rating - Classroom Management - Earned Score 0 stars
Teacher candidates will be better able to establish a productive classroom environment if the evaluations they receive during student teacher speak to specific classroom management strategies that together constitute a coherent management approach.
The program fails to meet the standard because feedback provided to student teachers does not address their ability to establish a positive learning environment and standards of behavior, how well they manage minimally disruptive student behavior or how well they manage significant student misbehavior.
REJOINDER to Spring 2013 Program Rating
EDU 436 Classroom Management (3 hours) This course provides information to help students develop proactive strategies to manage the classroom environment and student behavior. Emphasis is placed on students' development of a personal and unique classroom management plan. Prerequisite: Admission to Teacher Education. Link to Syllabus (Hattiesburg)
Field Practica Handbook
- Teacher Intern Assessment Instrument (TIAI) Formative Instrument used in Field Practica.
- Domain 4 - Learning Environment - Classroom Management Formative Instrument used in Field Practica and Final Internship
- M-Star Statewide Teacher Appraisal Brochure
- M-Star Statewide Teacher Appraisal System Guide
- M-Star Statewide Teacher Appraisal Observation Cycle
- M-Star Statewide Teacher Appraisal Pre-Observation Form