High school students who desire to take college courses for credit may participate in the Step-Ahead program. Step-Ahead is designed as a dual enrollment program for students who are enrolled in honor classes for which college credit equivalency has been established. The program is offered on the William Carey University Hattiesburg campus.
- Student must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 950
- Must receive approval from high school counselor or administrator
- Students wishing to take College Algebra (MAT 131) or Trigonometry (MAT 142) must have ACT subscores of20 or higher; Pre-Calculus (MAT 150) must have ACT subscores of 25 or higher; Calculus with Analytic Geometry (MAT 151) must have ACT subscores of 26.
- A high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores must accompany your registration form.
Tuition and Fees
- A one-time $40.00 application fee
- The tuition rate is $75.00 per hour (Ex., 3 hour course: $225.00 + $40.00 app fee = $265.00)
For more information or to register, contact Ms. Wendy Moore at email@example.com