General Admission Requirements for M.Ed. Degree
Each applicant must:
- hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
- complete an file an application packet for admission to the university;
- provide official transcripts of all college work completed to date to the graduate office and registrar;
- have an overall minimum grade point averagel of 2.5 on a four-point scale for the last 64 hours of the undergraduate work or the overall cumulative G.P.A. presented for the baccalaureate degree. Must hold or be qualified a standard Mississippi State Department of Education teaching license (except for M.Ed. in the Art of Teaching -Alternate Route programs);
- have a Tk20 account (tk20.wmcarey.edu), which is the School of Education's electronic portfolio;
Applicants for M.Ed. degrees in English, Biology, Music, Social Studies, and Mathematics must be approved by the respective department to determine if the applicant has a sufficient undergraduate background to enter graduate work in a particular subject area.