The William Carey Covenant Society
William Carey was a humble man but an effective steward of the funds that supported his mission efforts. Carey’s first attempt at fundraising resulted in a total of $65, but that modest sum brought about positive change throughout India and the world. In the spirit of Carey’s talent for planning, we have established The William Carey Covenant Society, a deferred giving program by which you can support faith-based education at William Carey University.
Please take a moment to consider the means through which you can support the university in your estate and retirement planning:
- Requests/Estate Planning—Designate the university as a beneficiary in your estate.
- Charitable Gift Annuities—Charitable Gift Annuities offer a practical way to supplement your retirement income, enjoy tax advantages, and simultaneously support the university.
- Charitable Remainder and Lead Trusts—Trusts present effective ways to minimize certain tax challenges and provide income for you or your loved ones.
- Life Insurance—Purchasing an insurance policy that names the university as owner and beneficiary is a thoughtful way to support our mission.
- Gifts of Real Estate—Real estate is an effective asset for charitable giving through a gift or trust.
We are happy to discuss deferred giving options with you and your financial advisor at any time. Please feel free to contact the Office for Advancement at 601-318-6107 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
William Carey University is a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization as described in section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Code for 1984, as amended. Our tax identification number is 64-0329300.