Non-Degree Status

If a student wishes to complete certain undergraduate courses and not pursue a degree, the admissions committee may grant that person non-degree status provided the applicant submits the following:

  1. Proof of high school graduation or the equivalent (GED).
  2. Proof of eligibility to return to the last school attended by means of an official transcript.
  3. A $40 nonrefundable application fee.
  4. Documented proof of two immunizations for measles and rubella if born on or after January 1, 1957, or one immunization in the last ten years.
  5. Certification that the student is not under suspension from any college or university. A student found guilty of nondisclosure or misrepresentation in filling out the registration form, or students who find after enrollment that they are ineligible for academic or any other reason to return to the last institution and who fail to report this immediately to the Office of Admissions, will be subject to disciplinary action, including possible dismissal from the college.

​The student registered in non-degree status is subject to all university regulations governing registration, attendance, and academic standing. Credit earned in non-degree status is recorded on the student's permanent record and may be applied in an undergraduate degree program when the student has satisfactorily established degree status by meeting entrance requirements to the college.

Non-degree status students are not eligible for Federal financial aid.