Masters of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program is available on the Hattiesburg and Tradition campuses.
The university operates on a trimester system over its academic year. The first trimester begins in August with MBA classes meeting for ten weeks followed by an exam week. The second trimester begins in November, and the third trimester begins in February. A full summer trimester is also offered starting in May. Hence, An MBA candidate who has already completed the required six business foundation courses (18 hours) can complete the degree’s required ten courses (30 hours) in one year (four trimesters). Also all MBA courses are offered at night.
New students are evaluated for regular, probationary, or incomplete admission into the MBA program prior to each trimester based on application documents and a weighted three-point criteria system consisting of:
(Undergraduate GPA x 200 points) + (GMAT score) + (10 x number of years of managerial experience)
MBA students are admitted under Regular Status when points > 999 and Probationary Status when 850 ≤ total points ≤ 999.
MBA Degree Requirements
MBA students must obtain regular admission status and maintain a B average or higher to keep regular status. Any student whose GPA falls below a B average in one trimester has the next enrolled trimester to pull the average back up to a B. If not, the student is dismissed from the program. Any student who makes a third grade lower than a B in his/her program is dismissed from the program.
MBA Foundational Courses
MBA students who have not satisfactorily passed the following business foundation courses or equivalent courses will have to take the courses.
- MBA 611 Financial Accounting and Reporting
- MBA 613 Economic Principles and Concepts
- MBA 614 Statistical Methods for Management
- MBA 622 Managerial Communications
- MBA 624 Managerial Finance and Policy
- MBA 626 Basic Business Law
MBA Core Courses
All MBA students are required to take ten courses: the following nine listed core courses and one elective course:
- MBA 621 Managerial Accounting and Reporting
- MBA 623 Marketing Strategy
- MBA 625 Quantitative Analysis and Decision Making
- MBA 631 Information Systems in Management
- MBA 630 International Business: Environments and Operations or MBA 632 Economic Development and Technology Management
- MBA 633 Business Ethics and Leadership
- MBA 640 Strategic Planning
- MBA 643 Organizational Behavior
- MBA 689 Contemporary Issues in Business
- MBA Elective
To Find Out More
The School of Business dean, faculty, and staff are always pleased to discuss academic and career opportunities with prospective MBA students. To arrange an appointment with someone in the school campus nearest you, contact:
Tradition........... (228) 702-1848
or toll free ...... 1- 800-962-5991
Dr. Cheryl Dale
Dean, School of Business
William Carey University
710 William Carey Parkway, Box 18
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Fax: (601) 318-6281
William Carey University does not illegally discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin, age , or disability in admissions or in the administration of its education policies, programs, and activities.
Any information contained within this site may change without notice.