The School of Education offers leadership studies in M.Ed. Educational Leadership (Principal Certification K-12), Ed.S. Higher Education Administration, and Ed.D. Higher Education Administration. The vision of William Carey University's leadership program is to equip educational leadership candidates in K-12, community colleges, and universities to become change agents for positively impacting students' lives, socially, emotionally, and academically.
Goals and Objectives
- Effective leaders develop and articulate reasonable personal and school goals;
- Effective leaders are instructional leaders and administrators and are knowledgeable about analyzing data, identifying, securing, and organizing appropriate resources for effective learning communities;
- Effective leaders create nurturing and caring educational environments;
- Effective leaders are knowledgeable about safe practices regarding ethical, legal, social, and political issues;
- Effective leaders skillfully communicate with internal and external publics; and
- Effective leaders skillfully practice leadership theories in real world settings.