Duplicate Diploma Policy

Many students have asked if they would be re-issued a diploma with William Carey University as the name, since the name has recently changed from a college of a similar name, William Carey College, to now a university. The answer to that question is, “No, the diploma must bear the name of the institution at the time it was granted.” The 2007 graduates were the first graduates of William Carey University.

If a student loses his/her diploma, he/she may request a new one. The replacement cost is $30.00. The proper procedure is to fill out the proper request form, pay the $30.00 in the Business Office, and turn in the request to the Registrar’s Office. The turnaround time for a request for a new diploma is four weeks. The new diploma will be mailed or can be picked up in the office of the registrar.